Monday, May 13, 2013

Who I am and what I do

My name is Liz, and I'm a Mommy and a Wife. My family lives in a cute little tourist town in Colorado, in a small one bedroom apartment (gasp!) above a candle store. Yeah, we're quaint like that.

Yes, those are towel racks behind me.
 
I've been trying for weeks now to figure out what I want to blog about. What makes me different from the millions of other mom-bloggers on the internet? I'm crafty, but so are other moms. I'm snarky, but so are other moms. I'm a Christian, but so are many other moms. I was lost. What makes me different?

Well, I never did figure out what makes me totally different, but I do know one thing: I'm breastfeeding. "Well, yeah, but so are other moms!" Right. But how many other moms are willing to blog solely about the breastfeeding experience and all the things that go along with it? I admit, I did absolutely no research on that. For all I know, there are 107 other breastfeeding blogs. Probably with similar titles to mine.

Whatever. I'm passionate about breastfeeding and doing what's best for my family. Occasionally I might throw in other fun topics, too, like crafting, homeschooling stuff (which I am admittedly new at), knitting, and cooking. Oh, and cute pictures of my kids. Can't forget them!

My son and daughter, in matching outfits.
 
My daughter sleeps better in the car seat than she does in her own bed.

So prepare yourself. At some point you might accidentally see a picture that has my boob in it.

To get started, I thought I'd post a few pictures of my breastfeeding/pumping paraphernalia! Here we go:


 My pump. It's an Evenflo SimplyGo Single Electric. Some people like fancy pumps, but I just don't see the point. This one works just fine for me.

Okay, so we have two things going on here. The jars are for storing breast milk in the fridge. I like to cool mine down that way BEFORE freezing in bags.
The cup is the one they gave me at the hospital when I delivered my daughter. That thing is awesome! I try to drink at least 3 or 4 full cups (approx. 90-120 oz) of water each day to help keep my supply up.
 
These are the only two bottles I bought. One Tommee Tippee, one Dr. Brown's. They are both equally great, and we have no problem switching back and forth between the two of them as well as the breast. Highly recommend either brand.
 
 This is my breast milk stash from the freezer. Each bag contains 5oz, so you're looking at about 40oz of breast milk. That's a little more than one full day's supply. I pump at least one bag's worth of milk each day, so that when my mother watches the kids there's always plenty of milk!
 
More kid pics!
 

After-snack snooze.

My son is becoming a sleep-walker, and he occasionally ends up in interesting places!

The family bed! Yeah, we are semi-co-sleeping. It just kind of happens!
 
 
I hope you'll join me and my family on our fun journey for (hopefully) at least the next 2 years of love, laughter, and yes, breastfeeding. Should be a good time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment